Bulk passwords script generator with a GUI
RanPassUI is a simple but powerful random password generator and batch account script creator:
- Simple enough to create a few casual passwords.
- Powerful enough to help you create a useradd script for hundreds of thousands of users on any platform.
- Strong password modes, using characters that are easily distinguishable in a sans-serif font (ie, no 1/I/l or o/0/O confusion).
- Optional "Insists" modes for passwords that certain managers and customers demand and can't be persuaded away from.
- Editable output window, so you can tweak your text.
- Windows version runs on a wide range of other operating systems (including M1-based macOS, FreeBSD, PC-BSD, OpenBSD, Solaris, Linux and BeOS) using
Wine; and natively on ReactOS.
- Workflow is the same in Windows, Mac OS X and Linux/X11 versions.
- No installation needed. Can be used from a thumb drive.
- Platform appropriate look and feel.
- Extensive Tooltip help.
- Simple free-to-use license.
The features walkthrough is a great way to start.
Version 1.04 included new features worth checking out.
Users of M1-based Macs should use the Microsoft Windows version with WINE.